Martinas Seite!

Donnerstag, November 24, 2005






Hey guys!!
A few people are't able to read my blog because it's in german so at least Petra convinced my to write it in english. I'm sorry about all my mistakes but I'm sure you'll get what I want to tell you.
I'm in Mt Gambier now and it's a very nice town. There is a lot of volcano activity in this region and Mt Gambier has a big crater filled with water. It's called the "Blue Lake" because it's really blue (picture)!! And it changes it's colour every year because of particles of calcium carbonate in the water. It's all limestone arround this area and in winter, the water ist a bit colder and calcium carbonate goes in suspension. That's why lhe lake appears grey during the winter. In spring, the water is getting warmer, calcium carbonate goes in solution and the lake is getting blue! Really interesting!!
Aside from the lake and the beautiful area around the lake there are a lot of funny animals to see here. There are a lot of caves arround here and in one 'sinkhole' (a cave, were the roof has broken down) possums come out at night and you can feed them, they are not shy!
Furthermore threre ist a very nice wildlife park here (entry free!!) were I saw a lot of kangoroos (picture), wallebys, emus (I took that funny picture while it was running about 2 metres in front of me!!) and a lot of birds!! Very cool!!
At Mama and Papa: as you perhaps have read in the comments of the last post, I saw a lot of echidnas and I have pictures of them, but they are allready on my iPod and I can't compress them at this PC. When I'm able to I'll show one on the blog!
Ok than, many greetings from down under!

8 Comments:

  • Hi there =)

    Dieser Post ist irgendwie das totale deja vu ...
    Das dieser fiese Emu noch keinen Maulkorb trägt, wo der doch alle Touris nach Futter anknurrt, wundert mich...

    c ya

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 3:17 PM  

  • Kia Ora (Hello) from a blogger futher down under in New Zealand. Thank you for the "english", as it makes the photos really come "alive". Wonderful blog !!! Blog on......

    By Blogger Kelvin, at 10:39 AM  

  • sach ma ich dachte dat is work and travel

    aber ich sehe nur travel and no work????????????????


    richtig so

    alex

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 5:45 PM  

  • Hi Du Reisemaus.....
    Liebe Grüße aus dem Münsterland...hier in der Gegend hats arg geschneit und glatt ne ganze Gegend in den heftigsten Stromausfall seit Kriegsende geballert...Meine Ma rief an und frgate ob ich noch Strom hätte...Münster war bis auf n bisschen flackerndes Licht aber verschont. Nur im Umland gab es echte Probleme. Die Leute waren knapp ne Woche ohne Strom.
    SuperChaotisch. Sehr viel aufregendes gibt es sonst nicht. Münster ist voll mit Weihnachtsmarktbesuchern, überall riecht es nach Essen und Glühwein und alles ist schon ganz weihnachtlich beleuchtet. Außerdem ist es kalt...aber trocken. Richtig schön.
    Ich wünsch dir noch ne heiße Vorweihnachtszeit mit möglichst wenig Fliegen und jeder Menge Spass.
    Luv
    Christian

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 9:52 PM  

  • Jena is inzwischen sowas von schweine kalt, ich will auch jetzt auf der anderen seite der Welt sein.
    Habe heute mein Ticket abgeholt, =)

    bis in 2 bis 3 monaten dann
    cu
    jana

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 9:58 PM  

  • p.s. wahrscheinlich ist english sowieso besser, weil da hast du ne Entschuldigung für Fehler die die meisten sowieso nicht bemerken und außerdem wird es auch besser,... aber umgekehrt wär es natürlich sehr interessant für uns zu beobachten wie die Fehler zunehmen wenn du weiter hin auf deutsch schreiben würdest

    Jana

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 10:01 PM  

  • Hi Shorty,
    it´s me your Brotherheart:-)
    genug Englisch für Heute, ich muss echt sagen ich beneide dich total, hier ist voll Schnee und du sitzt da drausen in deinem Campingauto und schwitzt dir die Seele aus dem Leib.
    Muss sagen du hast echt geile Fotos geschossen könnt ´nen cooler Kalender werden.
    Das mit deinen Einträgen auf Englisch ist ja schon ne super Idee aber wie wärs damit wenn du die Deutsch Übersetzung drunter screibst :-) neee spass, wünsche dir noch ne schöne Zeit und grüß die Dingos von mir

    Deine Carina & Brotherheart

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 9:40 PM  

  • Schmo there!

    And very envious..... My sister too, I sent her the link to your blog... I hope you being as fine as possible but while making these cool experiences it can't be different!!! Ok, this about my English, but we all will learn (remember alanis). I don't worry about yours!!! And I noticed that you're a chemical woman through and through while describing the thing with the lake... lol....
    I am ok, because now I passed my exams now, yeah! You can send me congratulations, because they were much better than I thought before, you know...
    OK! Lots of hughs and kisses from me!

    Bye for now...

    Schmo :-)

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 1:54 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home